Appointment of Honorary Consuls in Boston and Dallas
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs & International Trade of the Republic of Kenya through the Kenya Mission in Washington DC is in the process of identifying candidates to represent Kenya as Honorary Consuls in Boston and Dallas.
Interested candidates must meet the following criteria for consideration:
- - Citizens/permanent residents of the United States (US);
- - Have strong links with, or have demonstrated strong interest in establishing links with Kenya;
- - Not be an Honorary Consul of any other country;
- - Reside full-time in the US, in the same city where the Consular post will be located and conduct their main business or professional activities in this locality;
- - Able to provide suitable offices and office equipment, dedicated for the use in the Honorary Consulate;
- - Able to maintain regular office hours, and
- - Not be engaged in any remunerated activities as public servants of any level, or be members of Parliament, legislature or municipal council;
- - Meet the requirements of article 10 of the Constitution of the Republic of Kenya;
- - Fluent in English;
- - Knowledgeable in the current business and political affairs of both the US and Kenya;
- - Be of sound mind.
All interested candidates are required to submit a covering letter setting out their relevant qualifications, experience and skills in relation to the criteria and other requirements for the post. In addition applicants must submit a detailed Curriculum Vitae. Applications are to be submitted to the Kenya Embassy in Washington DC, 2249 R St, N.W Washington, DC 20008 or through email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be received no later than June 25, 2014.