REQUEST FOR TENDER: RENOVATION OF RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY IN WASHINGTON D.C
Embassy of the Republic of Kenya.
Tender # 01/2013
Renovation of Residential Property in Washington DC
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs through its Embassy in Washington United States of America invites bids from qualified contractors to carry out the renovation of one (1) residential house located in Washington DC.
The contractor will be expected to:-
- Demonstrate ability to perform construction, reconstruction, remodeling repair and/or demolition of public buildings funded by state funds
- Advise and be able to seek relevant trade permits from federal office and other agencies in regard to the works under consideration
- Carry out the works
- Advise on any related activities
The contractor(s) should have the following qualifications:-
- The Contractor(s) must have a current, registered General Contractors license with the District of Columbia.
- The Contractor (s) must identify all required permits for the project.
- The Contractor(s) must have current personal liability, worker’s compensation, property damage insurance coverage and any other as may be required by law.
- The Contractor (s) must show proof of having undertaken works of similar nature in the last 3 years.
- Proof of technical capacity both in terms of equipment and staff qualification is required.
The assignment is expected to be undertaken in June 2013.
The Condition Assessment report of the properties can be obtained from the Embassy in Washington upon payment of a non-refundable fee of USD One Hundred (US $100.00).Contractors will be able to visit the property by arrangement with the Embassy.
Complete documents are to be enclosed in plain sealed envelope appropriately marked “BID FOR CONSTRUCTION/REMODELLING WORK” and addressed to:
Embassy of the Republic of Kenya
Washington DC, 20008
United States of America.
The bid should be formatted to include general conditions O&P as separate figures.
Please indicate the projected duration of the work, include any clarifications and exclusions, and state whether the work can be executed while the residence is occupied.
The Embassy reserves the right to accept or reject any application and is not obliged to give any reason for its decision. The selected contractor will be expected to enter into a formal agreement with the Embassy, on the basis of an as is AIA A105-2007 Standard Form of Contract between Owner and Contractor.
Any questions should be addressed to The Ambassador at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bids should be deposited in the Tender Box situated at the Kenya Embassy, 2249 R Street, NW, Washington DC, 20008 on or before June 7, 2013 at 12.00 noon